Tool Compare enables you to compare two objects. It displays their indicators and attributes on same dashboard.
You can compare two markers, polygons (areas, grids) or dots.
How to use Compare
- Access Compare in tool panel.
- Select two objects of same type from the map. Firstly selected object is marked as blue and is selected permanently. Secondly selected object is marked as orange. When you choose another object of same type from map the object replaces the orange one.
- You can access Compare with already selected object and then choose the second one from map.
- You can reset the selected objects and select new blue one.
- Hover over Fitness dots reveals rank and percentil of the objects based on value of indicators.
Dominance and Overlap
Select an indicator from compare dashboard to see the overlap in catchment areas and evaluate the dominance of selected objects. This option is suitable when comparing markers (representing e.g. ATMs) that are connected to spatial data in map (e.g. location of customers who made transaction at ATM). It helps you to answer e.g. this question: Which ATM is more used in specific area?
- The tool doesn't allow to compare objects of different type, e.g. polygon and marker.
- The tool can't be used with heatmap visualisation. In our example with ATMs and transaction, you won't be able to determine the link of customers' locations to ATMs in overlaped areas using heatmap. Heatmap will basically aggregate the data in overlaped areas and this will distort the results.